View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 12:28 PM   #25
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
thanks but I've follow-up questions

Thanks ducks, Glad to know what's going on. Like I said in a previous post I had trouble opening one of the epubs because it was 'only open w/ADE.' But since I changed the 'properties' on that one to open with Nook for PC, I haven't had any trouble opening any of the epubs, so I was just going to leave it. Until I saw your post, which I tried but couldn't seem to make work. Do you really think I need to do what you suggest? I mean, the way it is it's not going to screw up sending out epubs to distributors, or anything like that, is it? And if I need to do your thing, I went to My Computer, then Desktop (where all my epubs are), then of course I can't open the epub there, but I did highlight it. Then I went to Tools and then Folder Options but then didn't see File Type Tab. There was just a 'general' and a 'view' tab.

Anyway, sorry to complicate something that is probably so simple, but I appreciate your help.

Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Very Very Common.
The last program installed has claimed to be the preferred 'Open With' Program.
Some programs like Sigil ASK if you want to do this.

So, fix it.
Find an EPUB file in Explorer: (on the Nenu) Tools: Folder Options: (File Type Tab: (find EPUB on the list):Click the Change button: Pick your poison
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote