View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 09:19 PM   #14
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Be aware that the procedure you say is what you wanted/needed did not change the author field. It only displayed the author_sort field. The author field will remain first name first, last name last. When Calibre updates metadata inside ebooks, etc., it will still give you the FN LN format. If that's what you want, that's great (that's the way I'm configured). However, many Calibre users want the author to be LN, FN, and not FN LN, and if you want that order, you need to set the tweak and fix the author field, not just display the author_sort field.
But even without the tweak, you can still get the books on your reader to display LN, FN. For my PRS505 I've checked the 'Use author_sort' config option for the Sony Device interface plug-in. I've used the Metadata Plugboard to achive a similar result on my PocketBook 360.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote