View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 08:28 AM   #8
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBoyle View Post
Is there a way for me to have the” author's” column display as last name, first name? The sort is correct, but I prefer the display to be reversed.
If you mean in the Calibre Library window (rather than on your reader) you can display the author_sort field in an extra column.
  • Preferences - Add your own columns (in the Interface section)
  • Click on the little green plus-sign on the right to add a new column.
  • In the creation box wich pops up enter:
    Code:
    Lookup name: myauthor
    Column Heading: My_Author
    Column type: Column built from other columns
    Template: {author_sort}
    and press OK. The blue items can be names of your choice. (There may be restrictions with upper/lowercase, I'm not sure)

• You will then see the field My_Author has been added to the bottom of the list of available columns.
  • Click on Apply. You will then need to close Calibre and restart it again to see the extra column.
  • Once you have restarted you can drag-drop the new My_Author column heading into whichever position you want to see it
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote