View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
OBoyle
Sr. Reader, Jr. Member
OBoyle began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600, PRS-650
Newbie with Queries.....

I am a relative newcomer to Calibre. I've been able to answer many of the questions I have by reviewing this forum. There are some, however, for which I have not found an answer. This could be because I'm reading something incorrectly, or I'm reading it correctly and I'm just too dense to understand it. In any event, and in no particular order…..

Is there a way for me to have the” author's” column display as last name, first name? The sort is correct, but I prefer the display to be reversed.

I have many catalog entries for which the publication date seems incorrect. Is there any way to force the correct publication date to be downloaded from ISBN?

On that same topic, if I output a CSV file from the catalog option, the publication date data leaves a lot to be desired. Is there a method to make Calibre, on CSV Catalog output, parse the ISBN Pub date to something a bit more meaningful, and useful to Excel?

Certain covers, display very well in Calibra, and yet fail to download to my Sony 600. I have no clue as to where to start with this problem.

That should be enough for today. If any or all of these have been answered elsewhere in the forum, please accept my apologies, and then perhaps point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

JLOB
OBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote