Thread: Reading speed
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 09:12 PM   #6
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
AFAIK 300 WPM is average or better for the majority whether paper or electronic. Reading at 2/3 that speed is pretty good on a smaller LCD device. After all you can read at times and places where you normally couldn't. I remember many times wishing I had a book with me and even these days I have forgotten to take an ereader to places where I will sit idle.

The extra reading opportunities and the times that you don't spend staring blankly at a wall will make up the word count, and chances are your speed will increase over time as well.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote