View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #198
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
ARe has an experimental deal going with Avon/HarperCollins now, there are a number of DRM free titles available, a lot of front list stuff.
That's interesting and nice to know that another major publisher is trying DRM-free. Thanks for the link; I see they even have a "Karina Copper" [sic] title listed.

But the reason why I think the ARE freebie is just a 1-time DRM-free deal is because when I went to check stuff on their site yesterday so I could post the thread, initially their link from the announcement banner went to an error page and when I searched the title, only the DRMed ePub version could be found and all of Cooper's other HC titles were also DRM from her author listing.

Then later when the banner link was working, lo and behold, it suddenly went to a newly created DRM-free PDF listing which didn't exist 10 minutes before.

Anyway, hopefully HC will move some more stuff to trying out as DRM-free, especially in their sf/fantasy/mystery back catalogues.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote