View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #12
Karen qPDF
Karen qPDF began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenarius View Post
I still can't find a completely satisfactory pdf reader for this device. Aldiko remains the best one out there - at least as far as my own needs go - but it still has no zoom function. ezPDF has improved a lot, but now the app puts buttons on the screen when you engage *horizontal scroll lock* and *tap for page turns.* (I suppose this is to show you those functions are engaged, but why exactly would you need to know that at all times?) There is a newer reader out there now - qPDf - and it would be perfect except for the fact that it doesn't have a full screen mode.

For what it's worth, here are the functions that should be standard on a pdf viewer for the NC:

- a full screen mode that eliminates the nook status bar at the bottom of the screen

- opens pdfs of scanned documents (Some of the paid apps won't do this!)

- tap for page turns

- page zooming [A function that automatically crops the left and right (and top and bottom) of a page would be nice as some documents have very large margins.]

- a zoom lock so you don't have to re-zoom after every page turn

Again, Aldiko meets all these requirements except for page zoom and zoom lock.

hi Avenarius,
I'm the product manager for qPDF Notes and just popped in to ask for more details about "full screen mode". Do you just mean hiding the tool bar? If so, you can just tap anywhere on the screen to hide or show the toolbar in our application.

If that's not what you're looking for, let me know some more details and I'll see if we can do what you're wanting.

-Karen
Karen qPDF is offline   Reply With Quote