View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 12:18 PM   #23
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsales View Post
Let me put it like this:
Would you buy an audio-player that:
a) supports only a proprietary system
b) supports only music bought in a single shop and NON of the widespread formats and doesn't allow you to play that music on ANY other device? Not even your PC?
In fairness, the Kindle is rather similar to Apple in that regard. Both the Kindle and the iPod allow you to buy DRM content from only one source (Amazon in the Kindle's case, iTunes in Apple's case), but upload non-DRM content from other sources. You can upload non-DRM content to the Kindle from a PC via USB.

Quote:
b) insist on bringing ALL devices to the US market and NON to any other market - what is the sense in this? Okay, there is none. It is just braindead stupid.
It does rather amaze me how many companies seem to overlook the fact that the EU is a considerably larger market than the US

Quote:
ARGL. I just hope they fail like noone failed before.
I wouldn't like to see them fail, but I certainly don't think they've gone about this in the right way at all.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote