View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 07:23 AM   #7
sideburnt
Connoisseur
sideburnt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
You mean you have lost the collections that were installed on your reader? Because I really think that is more down to you messing with and crashing the reader. Reader crashes and improper mounts/dismounts can result in collections and bookmarks being gone. This is not related to Calibre, obviously.

If you mean you have lost the collections _within_ the Calibre program that would be interesting. But unlikely.

edit: never mind, I've seen your other posts. You've been messing with the XML media files (likely without a fair clue of what you are doing), adding/deleting books at random while connected to your PC and then reloading in Calibre without disconnecting first and more. In short, the problem exists between chair and keyboard.
wow thats a wild assumption.

I have actually been very methodical about everything I have done, I have not been "adding and deleting books at random" what in the flying F... would that achieve?

I have a very good grasp of IT and XML, which is why I have explored all possibilities in an attempt to resolve my issue (which I admit all probably stemmed from a corrupted cache.xml file)

Now then;
at no point did I ever let my reader 'not' finish its metadata cycle on connection/disconnection. This was NOT what corrupted the metadata in the first place.

I have found out from other posts that there is an issue with tags on sony readers that contain too many files, this is what probably corrupted my cache.xml in the first place, since I moved in the region of 300 files onto my memory card via Caliber (and yes, before you jump in with a rude comment, CORRECTLY, via the Transfer to Storage Card A method, which SHOULD retain all metatagging)

What finally fixed my issue was to completely remove all prior use of calibre, which ment retagging my files using EditLrfMetaGUI then manually transferring my files to my memory card and finally creating collections using Sony eBook Library 3.0

Categorically I do not have any issues any more since I made this decision to drop Calibre (which I have supported, but not praised for its tagging)

Usually your posts are more helpful than this, and less dickish

In short, your problem exists between arse and mouth, in this case.
sideburnt is offline   Reply With Quote