View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 09:33 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by unabatedshagie View Post
- - - -
I then (probably stupidly) went into the settings and chose the reset device option.
Too bad.
With that you may have just selected the serial port jail break method.
Quote:
Fast forward a few weeks and I read this post by madagascaradam about a similar situation to mine in which he was able to downgrade to a version of the FW on which the collection manager works fine.
Read a bit closer, that is a PW-1 and you say you have a PW-2.
Quote:
I've tried following the steps but haven't had any success in downgrading it though.

I can still access KUAL and I've got the mkk folder with five files in it.

So rather than derail the collection manager thread with potentially solving my problem I thought I'd make a new thread.

tl;dr
How to tell whether or not my device is still jailbroken so I might be able to potentially downgrade.
The post you linked to, **should** become the first post of a new thread, sometime, RSN, once a moderator gets time to do it.

Run the 'hotfix' just in case - it should do no harm.
Add MrPI (Mobilread Package Installer) extension to KUAL -
Then try to install something, if it works, your still jail broken.
If it doesn't work, and there wasn't any pebkac involved, your not.

Last edited by knc1; 07-29-2015 at 09:41 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote