View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 05:20 AM   #10
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
my XP memory bank is rusty, but if you wanted to run sfc you could go into the Services Manager (I think its in msconfig) and start any RPC services that aren't running. But IIRC sfc was a bit of a hit and miss affair on XP.

Other than that, and reinstalling XP, I'm out of ideas. Unless you want to consider installing calibre and using its editor, you do have to install the full package, but the editor can be used independently of the library manager.

BR
I was using both Calibre and Sigil until this happened, Sigil has some features that Calibre doesn't and vice-versa.

Sigil is the only program I'm having issues with. Going through several days of tedium reinstalling everything with no guarantee it would work at the end isn't attractive.

I just wish Sigil would give an error message so I had somewhere to start.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote