View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 04:39 AM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
Same problem in safe mode.
Tried to run sfc, but it aborts, "RPC Server is unavailable"
my XP memory bank is rusty, but if you wanted to run sfc you could go into the Services Manager (I think its in msconfig) and start any RPC services that aren't running. But IIRC sfc was a bit of a hit and miss affair on XP.

Other than that, and reinstalling XP, I'm out of ideas. Unless you want to consider installing calibre and using its editor, you do have to install the full package, but the editor can be used independently of the library manager.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote