View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 11:41 AM   #1
allanmartins
allanmartins began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Smile Kindle Keyboard - not registering and no 3G, will a firmware fix it?

Hi all,

first of all, I have been checking these forums lately but never felt like posting anything, now I guess is my chance to share a few of my knowledge and support other people... but well, not, lets get to the business!

I got a Kindle Keyboard 3G, it was all working fine until few weeks ago. I lost the 3G connection for some unknown reason, and after resetting the factory settings, the device simply stopped working properly:

- Freezing constantly;
- no longer able to register the device;
- no 3G connection (previous problems);
** - cannot access the Kindle Store ("your kindle is unable to connect at this time,,," error);

However, the following seems to be fine:
- Wi-Fi works with no problems for browsing the internet
- USB works like charm, I can copy my stuff from my Caliber Library without problems

I contacted the Amazon Support, they mentioned that my device is out of warranty so they cannot do much. I am not able to replace the device (to get it shipped to my country, it can go up to USD600 due to customs and fees) so I guess that I reached the point to request help from anyone who is willing to help, you! =)

any suggestions? a firmware reinstallation or anything similar?

thanks!!

UPDATE: **added the information about accessing the Kindle Store Error

Last edited by allanmartins; 01-28-2014 at 12:12 PM. Reason: added the information about accessing the Kindle Store Error
allanmartins is offline   Reply With Quote