View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #37
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
For what it's worth I just tried a simple experiment. I made a very simple RTF document in Microsoft Write (Windows 7). One paragraph I left alone; one I indented using the "increase indent" option, a third I used a tab to indent the first line, and the final one I used the paragraph format option to indent the first line.

When calibre converted to ePub format all was as I expected; items formatted via Write options (ie indentation or first line indent) came across perfectly. Text I pseudo formatted with tabs came out as if there was no formatting done to them.

This is the same as someone who formats a table using tabs and spaces as opposed to applying the correct tabular formatting in the original document.
Attached Files
File Type: rtf test.rtf (2.7 KB, 208 views)
File Type: epub test - Unknown.epub (132.5 KB, 227 views)
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote