View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
I've been looking and have yet to find any threads about Amazon's latest scam, so I thought I'd start one here.
OK, I think "scam" is far from what they are doing. Scam means "dishonest" or "fraud".

Let's be realistic here.

First, it is still unclear if someone that lives in the UK and downloads in the UK is going to be charged the $2.00 fee. Even so, that fee is ONLY charge if you have it delivered wirelessly. If you buy it online, d/l to your computer and use USB, same as you would at Smash words, all they are doing is adding VAT... and I think the only place that "scam" can be blamed on is the EU and UK government.

That said, if you don't want the Kindle sales of your ebook, pull it from the store.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote