View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #30
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Eyes versus camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Sirmaru's image is definitely a shadow from a light source at the left as jswinden said. But I also clearly see the 4 darker blotchy areas at the bottom of the screen from the LEDs and a bit of that blotchy effect elsewhere. But I'll admit it's very minimal on your screen compared to others that I've seen. Everyone's eyes are different, but that's about the best screen I've seen from real users and the slightly dark blotches at the bottom wouldn't bother me at all.
It is very likely that my camera has much better vision than my cataract filtered eyes. Remember, the PW has several layers building its screen. Eyes of most real people may not notice contrast between the layers.

Cameras can be focussed in different ways to reveal more of the subject. I made no adjustments to my Sony DSCTX1 pocket camera. Others with better cameras and/or photo skills may even pick up more of the contrasts between the screen layers.

Its likely that many of the "defects" shown in the photos on this Forum are really only visible to the cameras and not to the eyes of the users in any material fashion.

Maybe folks are just being too picky when they opt to return their units. They use a camera to test their unit and then panic and call CS.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-07-2012 at 03:04 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote