View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #66
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Ok. So I've pulled those 2 .jar files form my Kindle Keyboard with FW 3.3, decompiled it. Everything is the same (values), so the same modification should also work for KK.
I did't do re-compile part because "Java SE Development Kit 6 Update 21" (which I had already on my PC ,left from samo Android related modification I did couple of months; so I tried it first) will not compile to 1.4 target.
Will try compiling part and pushing to my KK tomorrow when I'm less lazy

I've used Notepad++ for opening ReaderResources_en.java and UIResources_en.java. But I want to ask if Notepad++ is ok/is it safe (because of the CRLF thingy)? I have Linux Mint installed as part of tripleboot (again for some Android modifications), but I'm not that experienced in Linux text editors (especially the ones that are used from Terminal, aka non-GUI ones)

edit:

@ihor: I've seen this in ReaderResources_en.java

Code:
}, new Object[] {
                "booklet.leftMargin", new Integer(40)
            }, new Object[] {
                "booklet.rightMargin", new Integer(40)
If I remember 40 was default margin value in reader.pref.

Last edited by shamanNS; 09-15-2012 at 06:38 PM.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote