View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
Mark Rehorst
was engr, now dentist
Mark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindle DXG
Text and picture on same page

Is it possible to embed a picture in a text page in a Mobipocket ebook? I have been experimenting with Mobipocket Creator and it seems like the only way to have an image in an ebook is to insert the file between the html files that make up the text which puts the image on a separate page. I have tried embedding pictures in the html files and it doesn't seem to work. I believe I get some warnings from MC about links not resolving and the pictures end up at the end of the book on separate pages.

I've been using Kompozer as my html editor, in case that matters.

I made a test book consisting of a few pages of text, a few images, a table of contents, metadata, etc. and find it works and displays well in the Kindle DX OS. Chapters start on new pages, the TOC has its own page, but when I go to Duokan the TOC and text get reflowed(?) so that they all just run together- no new pages at new chapters, etc. Is there a tag I need to insert into the html files to get the book to behave better under Duokan?

Thanks!
MR
Mark Rehorst is offline   Reply With Quote