View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 11:27 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
As far as I know there has been no feeling that including the edition number explicitly as a discrete item of data is much use to the vast majority of eBook users, so no urge to code the support.
Maybe ther's some 'feeling' that Calibre should be able to support multiple instances of the same 'book'; edition is one use of it, publisher is another, language is another...

Non trivial to implement, and many (most (vast majority)) wouldn't want the extra level of complexity.

If it were to be done, then a mechanism to cater to author pseudonyms would also be nice. I'm thinking of a Calibre-Heavy but I suspect more folks would prefer a Calibre-Lite

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote