View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #41
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
However, when it's unlikely that the free version will harm artists considering they're covers and not non-commercial/amateur, I think the laws around that need revising. If anything, the more the public cover a song on youtube the more that song is heard and the more likely people will want to buy the original version. Maybe that's just my experience and not a general trend though
I'd be surprised if they're thinking that far ahead. Modern business thought doesn't go past the end of the quarter, at the most. The CEO, CFO, and Board demand profits now.

I'd add "and stockholders," but most stocks haven't paid dividends since the dotcom bubble in the '90s. Dividend is still as nasty a thing to say as the N-bomb in some financial circles.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote