View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnor View Post
I have to say that take care with chinese brands.

Once I bought a cheap USB charger on eBay. I look for every spec, to be exact like I want it. But, as a cheap chinese product, the tolerances were not the same. So even it had marked 5V and 0.7A (for instance), they produce unwanted results on my phone (touch screen giving a bad response), due to an unconstant current.

This is something you can't say looking at specs, so take care!
I picked up a cheap USB charger at a night market to replace a defunct charger for a bottom of the barrel Android tablet which wanted a 5V, 1000ma supply. The one I picked up said it supplied 1200ma at 5 volts on the casing. When I tried using it to charge the tablet, it came up with a insufficient current to charge error message. My handy-dandy DMM said it was outputting 5V with no load but when connected to the tablet dropped to 3.6V so opened up the case. Interesting label on the circuit board inside with "Input: 90-260V, 50-60Hz, Output: 5V, 500ma" on it. I then checked with a 10 ohm load and it handled that with no problems. Dropping to a 5 ohm load and instead of 5V at 1000ma, it was outputting 3.6V at 720ma. At least, the three screws made the case easy to take apart and put back together.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote