View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 07:16 AM   #1106
jcyb9
jcyb9 knows what's going on.jcyb9 knows what's going on.jcyb9 knows what's going on.jcyb9 knows what's going on.jcyb9 knows what's going on.jcyb9 knows what's going on.jcyb9 knows what's going on.jcyb9 knows what's going on.jcyb9 knows what's going on.jcyb9 knows what's going on.jcyb9 knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
You said that "fastboot ERASING" does not work? How do you know that? Why did you do that?
I did because I read many posts about debricking yesterday, and found out that sometimes doing a
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0p3
helped to debrick. I did it also because I was frustrated in not having any SSH after "fastboot flash diags mmcblk0p2_ssh.img", so I tried a "fastboot erase diags" before it.

I know about fastboot being something made for android ported to KT, so not everything may work or report an OK while not working (e.g.: flashing a large 128MB main .img).

Quote:
If you erase the user partition, rebooting REPOPULATES it with default files. Did you expect it to stay empty after reformatting?
No, in fact I expected the defaults while I found my books, jbpatcher, a CBR reading app, screensaver, gui launcher, etc.

I also did a
Code:
dd if=/dev/urandom of=/cygdrive/f/randfile
before disconnecting the KT.

Yes I know it sounds very strange, unfortunately these are the symptoms.
jcyb9 is offline   Reply With Quote