View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 02:38 AM   #4
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
oh, goodie...I am so thrilled...a couple months back I saw and experienced what could be the penultimate example of this potential nightmare in the sky which could lead to the blue flush of death for many a cell phone.

I was sitting at Starbucks have some coffee and getting some paperwork done. The table next to me became populated with just two teenage girls. Who, decided to listen to their ipOds, have a conversation with each other THEN each got on their cell's and made calls...all with the iplods still turned up enough that I could hear them just ever so slightly...that is when each happened to inhale at the same time so the room went from 130db down to 50db.

It was the most amazing example of the excesses we have created with the range of self orientated gadgets. These girls were not satisfied with just sitting and having a nice conversation, not satisfied with listening to their ipods, not holding a conversation and talking loudly enough to hear each other over their ipods so they had to ADD their cell phones into the mix.

I was paralyzed in amazement and how self absorbed these kids were. Of course WE never acted stooopid when we were their age...but this...it was beyond the pale of what I could ever have imagined as over the top it could become.

Wanna know the most ironic part? BOTH worked at Starbucks...and both know it's one of the loudest SB's you might ever find because of it's design and acoustics.

Like I say I can see more then a few nightmare problems on planes. I know when I fly I am often completely exhausted and actually plan on sleeping the entire flight. But if there are a few dozen fog-horn leg-horn types on their cell's...one or several of those phones is gonna end up blue and I imagine I will be asked to never fly again...hehehehe....

I also feel for the flight attendants who will now have to try and ride herd over these overcaffeinated cell phone junkies...nope, this cannot work out well at all.

All that is needed is to add disco-sales-guy in the seat on the other side of me...maybe investing in a set of nice noise cancelling earbuds is now a MUST out of self preservation.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote