Thread: PRS-900 web browser capabilities
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 10:06 AM   #4
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
I have never used an e-ink device for browsing the web - yet, somehow, I suspect it wouldn't be a great experience. The screen is too slow, after all.

Also, the 3G connection is a big issue. I mean, the way it is set up, with a free connection, I am sure could not support browsing the web - I am sure they cannot offer you a free connection while allowing for the download of large quantity of data. They would have to come up with a new pricing plan as well.

In short... it would be nice, but I wouldn't hold my breath... I don't think it will ever happen, frankly.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote