View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
extendedping
Enthusiast
extendedping began at the beginning.

Device: none
pocketbook 360...access epub toc and zoom tables?

this is a bit of a double post (but nobody is responding in the what should I buy thread)...

well I think I need a pocket sized device to complement my kindle dx.

I have read a few threads here and it seems people really like the 360. however I want it to read my oreilly book collection, which are technical books. I have something on my smart phone (n900) called fbreader and it is great but cannot access toc on the epub docs. I just watched a youtube pocketbook 360 review and it said it used fbreader. so....

1) can anybody that owns the device and has books in epub format like the oreilly books check to see if it can access toc? no way I can navigate a big technical book on a 5 inch screen without a toc...

2) my kindle lets me zoom in on a table, which is really helpful (this is not just changing font size that actually does nothing for a table). If I could not zoom on the tables (which are prevalent in technical books, it would be a no go.

thanks very much for listening. I really like the idea of a pocket reader, but need those couple of features for certain...
extendedping is offline   Reply With Quote