View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 01:23 AM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
Thanks, crich. It was a long time ago, but of course a great shock to everyone at the time.
You're welcome Bookpossum. I know what you mean about it being a shock to everyone. My dad died of heart trouble back in 1996 (he was only 58) and it was quite a shock to us as well. Even when the person has known health issues it's never expected. I imagine Jefferson Hope had had plenty of warning (the nosebleeds) when he was pushing himself too hard. I'd think Arthur Conan Doyle's medical background helped in the writing of his stories about the Great Detective.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote