Thread: Stuck in a Rut!
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 07:24 PM   #31
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia View Post
The only book on your list I've read is Shadow Blade. I first tried reading it a year ago, and didn't get further than the first chapter and then put it aside. When it popped up as monthly read in a book-club, I decided to try again. I found it entertaining.

The Great Book of Amber and Survival looks interesting too. I just read about the Amber books, but I hadn't heard about Julie E. Czerneda before. More books to add to my maybe-to-read list... Thanks
You are most welcome! Always happy to pass on good recommendations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
With Amber, you could do what I am doing. I am reading the Word & Void series by Terry Brooks. But instead of reading all three in a row, I am reading a book in between. That works so I don't get in a rut with the series.
Yeah. I plan to do something like that, except I'll probably take a break every few books (maybe three or four) instead of every book.

I tend to get tunnel vision with series (reading one right after the other) and I find that I lose steam around book 8 or 9, so breaking it into smaller chunks should help greatly. Plus, as I mentioned earlier, this will be my "At home only book", so reading something else when I'm out should help as well.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote