View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #11
Mihasi
Mihasi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
The lesson to learn is.... if you root your device sooner or later you are going to hit trouble if you want tablet functionality then buy a cheap tablet...
True, but I didn't want tablet functionality when I bought the PRS-T1 two years ago. I don't want to buy a tablet, mainly because I don't like the idea of having/buying too much devices with only slightly different functionality. A laptop, smartphone and e-reader are more than enough for now. I'd also like to get away from backlit-screens from time to time.

There were two reasons why I rooted it: firstly, I wanted to be able to synchronize research papers to a native cloud app (the web browser is slow, as is to be expected). Secondly, I wanted to run the Amazon Kindle app since I've recently bought a couple of ebooks on Amazon that Calibre couldn't convert properly. I feel like I should have the right to freely choose both were I buy my ebooks and on which device I read them, especially considering the relatively high cost of some.

The rooting procedure seemed well documented, and if it ultimately bricks my device, so be it. I wouldn't try to root if I didn't have the means to buy a new one.

However, I would be very happy if I found a way to fix the wireless and avoid giving in to my desire for new technological toys. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
try setting up a new connection that's what I ended up doing.. good luck
Unfortunately, this is not it. Nothing happens when I try setting up a new connection, it just keeps on scanning for networks endlessly. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Last edited by Mihasi; 09-19-2013 at 08:24 AM. Reason: missing words
Mihasi is offline   Reply With Quote