View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #95
Gilgamesh
Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.Gilgamesh shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: none
I must be doing something wrong

Thanks for the reply.

I actually looked at the first post which is how I learned how to make the shelves and add books to it. I was doing it all manually once I added a book into my Kobo Touch and it was a bit of a pain.

But once I put a book in a shelf, if I try to put it in another shelf then it seems to remove the book from the first self and then puts it in the second shelf.

For example, I have a number of books with two seperate tags - mythology and folklore.

Now,when I use calibre, I bring up all the books with the mythology tag. I then do a bulk edit of the metadata by going into the custom metadata and under myshelves I type mythology. I can then look at each book and it shows that it is in the mythology bookshelf.

I then do the same thing for the tag folklore creating a new bookshelf for folklore. The problem is that any books that I had previously put in the mythology bookshelf is not removed from that bookshelf and put in the new folklore bookshelf.

When I look at the individual book, it only shows one bookshelf-folklore, even though it had previously been in the mythology one.

I was hoping to have one book on both the mythology and folklore book shelves if possible.

I looked at the first post again trying to figure out how to do it but I didn't see how to do it.

I'll have another look and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks for your help.

I just wrote all of this and then I had another look at your answer and I think the answer just hit me. If I understand correctly, I need to set up more than one column for bookshelves so that I can add two bookshelves? I think I understand this and will give it a try.

Again, Thanks for the help

Last edited by Gilgamesh; 12-06-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote