View Single Post
Old 11-27-2022, 09:13 AM   #62
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Yes. That's what I meant. I did wonder if the book I saw really had explicit content as I've never seen that on a cover. Common on CDs "Warning: Explicit Lyrics" or DVD/BD having (18); is that (R) in USA? Though Video ratings are mysterious. I threw out a (15) rated DVD (digusting bad language) and I have a couple that are (18) (Name of the Rose). Ratings work very differently per country, sometimes UK & Ireland ones don't match, and USA seems to ignore violence that would be (18) here, but object to brief artistic nudity (cf "I capture the Castle", though it has one gratuitous nude distant shot not in the book) or even a woman's nipple.
I give up. I don't see anything there that remotely imputes explicit content. What I see, when I view it--and I'm sorry to say this, Don, but this segue over to this, explicit content stuff, makes me feel like maybe I need to--is a cover that looks like far too many other self-pubbed covers--someone has their 7-y.o. draw a cover, they think it's darling, and they slap it on their book, which of course, then shan't sell. They're not only on kids' books, although there are more there than elsewhere (genres/areas).

You can see hundreds of these at LousyBookCovers.com. It's a plague, and once you start seeing them, you can't "unsee" them.

But explicit content? Nope, not getting that at all.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote