View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #299
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
The DOJ has proposed measures against Apple's actions.

Quote:
Among the measures, Apple would need to let other e-book retailers like Amazon and Barnes & Noble provide links to their respective e-bookstores from their iOS apps, "allowing consumers who purchase and read e-books on their iPads and iPhones easily to compare Apple's prices with those of its competitors.
I'm sure Apple will fight that one.

Quote:
Other measures proposed by the department to the court, Apple would need to end its agreements with five major publishers linked to the conspiracy and refrain for five years from entering new e-book distribution contracts which would restrain Apple from competing on price. It couldn't funnel information among the conspiring publishers or retaliate against them for refusing to sell e-books on agency terms.

The department asked for an external monitor, paid for by Apple, that watches to the company's Apple's internal antitrust compliance policies.
I'm not clear on why they'd only be restricted for 5 years against funneling information between conspiring publishers. I would think that would be perpetual but maybe I'm reading it wrong.

news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57596709-93/doj-proposes-ways-to-halt-apple-e-book-price-fixing/
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote