View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 04:03 AM   #11
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
But how then do you manage long lines
It's just the same, you can have <blockquote class="poem"> and a combination of margin and negative indet for "blockquote.poem p" (or "blockquote.poem div.line"). <blockquote> is just a <div> with some pre-defined semantics (which may be OK for poems) and some default style (which you'll probably override anyway).

Quote:
And many poems have lines which for some poetic reason are indented several spaces - and the exact distance is important to the poet. I can't see how this could be done with blockquote tags.
...or with any other kind of tag. And what if the indent space needed is longer than the screen width? I couldn't find a satisfactory solution. I'd use "visibility: hidden", but the visibility property is not required in ePub readers. I could also use white text, but there's no guarantee that the background is white, and it would be read by a text-to-speech function.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote