View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #22
iqla
iqla began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4cz0r View Post
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I have a similar issue with my Kobo Touch.

I recently added roughly 900mb of books onto it, it has gotten to 45% on the "Processing Content" screen and has stopped there. The device will not respond to the power slide button, nor the reset switch on the back.
This was about 24 hours ago, and it is still in the same shape. Battery was fully charged when the transfer was started.

I have also sent an email to Kobo, hopefully someone can give me a positive answer.
Cheers
Zac
The exact same thing happened to me and I would call Kobo instead of emailing them, therefore you can have a quicker and more direct response. However, after 2 days, I connected my Kobo to the computer with the USB plugged in and somehow my Kobo finished "processing the new contents" and I was able to read again. I would still contact Kobo because it's very hard to now download books because it will stop at the "processing content" screen. It will eventually download the books, but you have to wait a day and then you plug your Kobo back in to your PC.

If your Kobo restores back to "Home", try the "factory reset" to completely refresh your Kobo.

Factory Reset

Note: This type of reset will erase any settings and books on your eReader. You will need to reconfigure it after the reset, and restore any books you had on it previously.

Turn on your eReader.
Press the Menu button.
Press the center of the Navigation pad.
Select Settings.
Select Advanced.
Select Reset Device Now.
Once the eReader is powered up again, set the date and time.

If this doesn't help, just wait for Kobo to get back to you.
But I hope it works!
iqla is offline   Reply With Quote