View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 02:16 PM   #29
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
People in Canada do fine with out a $1 note... they actually have a $1 and a $2 coin. I don't think there is a 1€ either... is there?
Here in the UK we have a £1 and a £2 coin (our smallest note is £5) and the same is true in the Euro-zone countries too - €1 and €2 coins.

Whenever I visit the US I must admit that I find having to use $1 bills for such small value transactions is inconvenient; personally I find coins to be more convenient. There don't seem to be very many $2 bills around either, which makes it even more awkward.

Any idea why there's resistance to a $1 coin? It would seem to be very sensible. After all, you've had 25c coins for goodness knows how long, and 30 or 40 years ago that had the same "buying power" as $1 does today.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote