Thread: Creator How to edit ToC
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 04:45 PM   #1
JaneFancher
Zealot
JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle2
How to edit ToC

I'm having issues with the mobi-created ToC. I don't like how it looks. (to put it mildly) I also can't figure out how to edit the appearance.

I can make a perfectly gorgeous ToC in WordPerfect, which translates (functionally) very nicely within Mobi...but it doesn't show up as an option on the dropdown "contents" menu.

My question is threefold:
1) Is there a way to make Mobi "connect" to a link within the main html file? (i.e. the internal ToC) (perhaps under the guide "script" and if so, is there a guide to writing such script somewhere?) or (alternatively)

2) is there a way to edit the mobi-created ToC into something other than Uuuuuuugly? and

3) do either or both of these options translate to other formats once I go through the Calibre conversions?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give a poor confused writer....
JaneFancher is offline   Reply With Quote