Thread: Turn off Kindle
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 02:23 AM   #9
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebradude View Post
I wish that was the case. If I leave mine in Airplane mode it will be dead within a month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
If it is that important to you, spend the small fee to unsubscribe from special offers and put it in airplane mode before putting it to sleep.
My Voyage does not have special offers, and I always put it in airplane mode before putting to sleep, and I have the same experience where the battery will be dead in a month or two, even if I don't use it during that time.

I have always found it surprising that you can't turn off a Kindle.

I have an old Sony T2 that you can power down. I haven't charged the battery for over a year. Every couple months I turn it on, just to check it, and the battery meter still shows as full.

The Oasis, on the other hand, has a deep sleep mode, so battery use while not in use is minimized.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote