View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 05:15 AM   #16043
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I just finished Matt Helm #1 Death of a Citizen by Donald Hamilton and have started #2 The Wrecking Crew. The next three are due to be released in the next few months and I will be getting them also. I have them all in DTB and am eagerly looking forward to getting all of them as eBooks. If you have never read the Matt Helm Series I highly recommend them. If you think of the movies with Dean Martin at the mention of Matt Helm don't. The movie book comparison is worse than the one existing between the Bond books and movies. When reading them remember the times they were written in. The first was published in 1960 and the last in 1993.
Apache
It's hard to think of Matt Helm and not think Dean Martin. But you're right, the books are so much better! Not just better... different! And thankfully, Helm isn't smoking a cigarette in every scene the Dean Martin did.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote