Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #480
ousia
Enthusiast
ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
replacing default reader font

Reading the instructions to install the modified reader without rooting the PRS-T1, I have found:

Quote:
  • Edit reader.xml and css files (in the "reader" folder) as desired.
In the reader/reader.xml file there are:

Code:
	<fonts>
		<font name="Amasis" regular="AmasisMTW1G.otf" italic="AmasisMTW1G-Italic.otf" bold="AmasisMTW1G-Bold.otf" bolditalic="AmasisMTW1G-BoldItalic.otf" />
		<font name="Palatino Nova" regular="PalatinoNovaW1G-Regular.otf" italic="PalatinoNovaW1G-Italic.otf" bold="PalatinoNovaW1G-Bold.otf" bolditalic="PalatinoNovaW1G-BoldItalic.otf" />
		<font name="Really No 2" regular="ReallyNo2LTW1G-Regular.otf" italic="ReallyNo2LTW1G-Italic.otf" bold="ReallyNo2LTW1G-Bold.otf" bolditalic="ReallyNo2LTW1G-BoldItalic.otf" />
		<font name="Frutiger" regular="FrutigerNeueLTW1G-Regular.otf" italic="FrutigerNeueLTW1G-Italic.otf" bold="FrutigerNeueLTW1G-Bold.otf" bolditalic="FrutigerNeueLTW1G-BoldItalic.otf" />
		<font name="Univers Next" regular="UniversNextW1G-Regular.otf" italic="UniversNextW1G-Italic.otf" bold="UniversNextW1G-Bold.otf" bolditalic="UniversNextW1G-BoldItalic.otf" />
		<font name="Quirkus" path="../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/" regular="Quirkus.ttf" italic="Quirkus-I.ttf" bold="Quirkus-B.ttf" bolditalic="Quirkus-BI.ttf" />
	</fonts>
I guess that the css files are generated when rebooting after copying the files.

But my question is: how can I change the default font?

This is the only thing I want to do, to install FreeSerif (FreeSans and FreeMono when possible) and be able to use it as the default font. So I'd like to know first, before installing anything on the PRS-T1 (it isn't mine and I'd like to avoid anything, if the default font cannot be changed).

Many thanks for your help.