Thread: $13 eReader?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 05:29 AM   #47
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Actually, it does. Technically speaking, the txtr beagle uses the same technology as a digital picture frame. And since it cannot display text files, each page needs to be converted to an image and images take up much more space than text.
Still doesn't make much sense in honesty it's not the first device to do this if true, I've converted books to the PSP before as image files and they really don't take all that much space. If I remember right it was usually about 40 to 50mb a book.

But then again maybe it's using bmp's or something I think the PSP just used png or jpg files.

I guess this would mean fonts or formatting options on the reader are also unavailable.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote