View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 12:27 PM   #1
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Question epubcheck: attribute "page-map" not allowed here error message

I experimented with Adobe's pagemap extension and created a small test epub based on the information in the Mobileread Wiki. The page numbers display fine in ADE, but ADE tells me that "The document appears to have minor errors that might cause it to be displayed incorrectly" and when I tested the epub with the online EPUB validator and I got only the following error message:

ERROR: test.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(21): attribute "page-map" not allowed here; expected attribute "id" or "toc"

The corresponding line in content.opf is:

<spine page-map="map" toc="ncx">

and map has been defined in content.opf as:

<item id="map" href="page-map.xml" media-type="application/oebps-page-map+xml"/>

I know that "page-map" is an Adobe specific proprietary extension and I'm therefore not completely surprised that epubcheck reported an error, however, what puzzles me is that ADE reports an error, too. After all, ADE is an Adobe product and shouldn't have any problems with Adobe's own ePub extensions.

I wondering if it's possible to create epubs with hard-coded page numbers that will pass epubcheck?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote