View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 12:27 AM   #18
highvista
highvista is on a distinguished road

Device: NOOKcolor, Nexus One
Here's a re-post from another thread of something I ran into that should be helpful...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoshka View Post
I'm trying watch a video I converted using Handbrake, but when I pause and leave the video and return later, it reverts to the beginning of the video. Does anyone know of a way to get it to resume where I left it? I could use the scroll bar to try to find where I left it, but then I have to remember the time in the movie and such.
If you pause the video and press the "n" button, rather than using the "Back" button, your position in the video will be remembered the next time you play it. But only the position in the last video is remembered. B&N really needs to add a full-function video player that recalls position for every video. This is standard procedure for Android phone apps--at least for the ones I've used.

One caveat. It seems that if you do what I said above and then access a different video, sometimes the player will come up with the saved position displayed for the new video. Using the back button here and then re-entering the new video seems to clear this--and forget your position in the previous video, of course.
highvista is offline   Reply With Quote