View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #8
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Just so you know... it pisses me off to no end when I download an ebook that has more than a couple of subject tags configured. The truth of the matter is: readers who care about "subject tags" are more likely to delete yours and use their own tagging system that they've refined over time for their personal libraries. Readers who don't care about them don't care about them.
So, I take it that you do make use of them in some way? I ask out of curiosity, not to be argumentative. I'm one of those who pays little attention to them in books I purchase. And I think you're right about them not being suitable (generally) for classifying, if only because they aren't a controlled vocabulary (unlike BISAC codes).

That said, when making epubs for production, I put in whatever the boss (SWMBO!) supplies. Who knows? Someday vendors may make them searchable, like keywords on a web page.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote