View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #70
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@ixtab/knc1: Yup, the one attached in the first post is already repacked for the K5 + PW, with proper progress handling for FW 5.x in the install scripts, and no extra OS X extattr files . (and is what GM installed) .
Just for testing, I downloaded it and ran the uninstaller on my PW. UYK/restart/spinner/progress bar...

More progress bar... (impatient)

I did not notice any normal UYK status screens...

Plug in USB cable / USB Drive mode. Remove cable/search/";un"/plug in USB cable/USB drive mode -- so it is confirmed that USBNet is removed. The uninstaller worked. Now to test the installer...

Copy installer to USB Drive/unplug cable/UYK... Now I saw the typical update screens (success). Preboot spinner/framework progress bar/impatience/home page. Plug in cable/USB drive/unplug/search ";un"/plug in USB cable (no USB Drive)/start usb0 on host PC/ssh in/root pw=fiona2bc (from pastebin main root)/root shell achieved.

Success report (again). It works on the Paperwhite.

EDIT: I see that dinkus hit his Save button on his post before I did on this one...

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-07-2012 at 01:07 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote