View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 08:18 PM   #56
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Comparing Flatland by Edwin Abbot, I see a few superficial differences, but probably not enough to cause me to spend money again, for the $0.99 cent version.

The standalone $0.99 version has a nice red "leather" cover-page, and also has a blank line between paragraphs instead of paragraph indents. I happen to find the "blank line" version easier to read, and I format my books that way (if I have other reason to bother formatting them).

Stanza allows only left / right side of page touches to turn the page. The standalone ones allow only top / bottom touches. Personally, I like top/bottom better ...

But even with both of those preferences leaning toward the standalone version, I'm not sure there is enough difference to spend money.

Any specific questions?

Oh, and the standalone book takes you straight back into where you left off reading. Stanza opens into its "index" page, you press "Latest reads" and then select which title, and THEN you reach the spot you left off. 2 extra clicks.

Last edited by badgoodDeb; 07-17-2008 at 08:24 PM.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote