Thread: Android Android Apps
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 09:14 PM   #36
JoeJags
Edge User

Just a quick message.......I have had a Pandigital Novel with 2.0, and then 2.1, and have it rendered now as a true open source Android tablet........there are MANY places to get .apk files online.......such as www.androidfreeware.org.......you just download them to your sd card and then install them on your tablet.......I suggest everyone start with one called Apps Installer and another named Quick Uninstaller.......this makes it SO EASY to install and uninstall apps as often as you want to try different ones.......NOW......I have no experience with the Pocket Edge, but from what I understand, all versions of Android are basically the same.......so long as the app works with the version of Android that you are using, you should be good.......other faves (not sure if any of these work with Android 1.6), but if they do, these are some of the best I've found..........Skyfire.......TuneIn Radio.......Blackmoon FileBrowser.......SlideMe.......SmartBar.......Off iceSuite........I hope any of this helps.......I am getting a Pocket Edge in the next couple of weeks.......I hope it works out as well as my Pan. Novel has (once I got all of the hacking mods from SlateDroid tried and figured out what works well).......if anyone has any questions I might be able to help with, just let me know.......