View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 09:59 AM   #3
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A related question: if you use a tool such as Calibre to convert, say, a MobiPocket book to ePub, will it automatically split the file into 300k "flows"? The reason I ask is that I create all my books as one single HTML file, and it would be a great deal of work to have to manually split them up.
It will and Calibre will try to use the h1/h2/h3 tags as much as it can to do so.
For Feedbooks, our script is based on Xpath expressions to divide a source HTML into multiple flows (parts, chapters, sections and text flows). They're both quite similar from a user perspective, except that we don't force flows to be 300k long.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote