View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 04:01 AM   #8
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Nope, as EldRick says, browsing for books on the ereader is just too slow. I don't look at a cover and buy it. I want to read about it, see some reviews perhaps, see if it's a series and if so, which book of the series etc. This is much faster on the computer, and more convenient as to find out most of what I'm looking for, I have to go to other sites (Amazon, Goodreads, etc). Once I decide to buy a book, I will buy it from Kobo though, just to support them and to have the option to sync the book between devices. However, I currently just use the DRM epub version of the kepub books because I don't like the way page numbers are displayed on kepubs.

So no, I don't appreciate all the "buy me buy me" on the home screen of my Kobo Touch, but I'm not too bothered about it as I'm usually reading a book (away from the home screen), or switching books from the home screen (or the library) and then I just ignore everything I don't need.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote