View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 07:35 AM   #39
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I do occasionally go back to our local bookstore (Waterstones) for a browse, but haven;t bought anything there for years really.
The experience isn't that great anymore anyway, they don't sell Tabletop RPGs and the range of books isn't that great.
That and they seem to sell as much trashy trinkets and stuff as books these days.
So really I go there less and less.

I DO still like exploring secondhand bookshops and occasionally buy books, even if it's just to browse/read once and pass onto a friend or give back to a second hand shop/charity shop.

As I'm in the middle of a move to another country, I've noticed our local train station has a "Free books" stand, so I've been donating books to that as well.

TBH for novels, ebooks are far more practical for me.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote