View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 11:41 AM   #25
seamusfp
Enthusiast
seamusfp has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.seamusfp has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.seamusfp has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.seamusfp has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.seamusfp has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by msundman View Post
And my point was that of course those features are beneficial, but they should be implemented in software first (and that they should have been implemented in software years ago). Putting stuff in hardware is a form of optimization, and premature optimization is usually suboptimal at best and very counter-progress at worst.
Software, particularly software on mobile processors is not going to be able to keep up and provide adequate response. E Ink does not respond like an LCD, a lot more information needs to be known, kept track of, and processed.

As well, this isn't "premature optimization", this is the result of many years of research, engineering, and refinement. As I said before, I've seen what this controller is capable of, and I am certain this could not be achieved in software on a mobile device.
seamusfp is offline   Reply With Quote