View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 01:37 AM   #15
FelineFeral
FelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
wooohooooo!!!!!! It's all working again!

4. I followed this advice:

In order to fix this error message please follow the steps as suggested below.

1) Open Digital Editions.
2) Connect the Reader and open it.
3) Press the keys Ctrl + Shift + E on your keyboard.
4) Now unplug the Reader and replug it.
5) There you will find a new drive created similar to C or D drive under "My computer".
6) Open the Readers Drive and you will find one or two folders with name adobe.digital.edition.
7) Delete this folder and plug off and re plug in the Reader.
8) Authorize Reader from the same Adobe ID which you used to Authorize Adobe Digital Editions.
I retract my previous statement. This worked but what it fails to mention is that the file is a hidden file, and you pretty much have to jump through hoops to see it (on a Mac anyway) Once you find it, delete it and get ADE to reauthorize the Kobo it does indeed work again.

For a Mac you need to:
1. Open Terminal -> enter the following: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE -> hit enter and then type ->killall Finder -> hit enter again.
Don't worry killall just reboots the windows so it takes effect.

2. Go into your Kobo eReader folder (it shows up as a drive) -> you'll see a files called .adobe-digitals-editions faded out in the folder now -> move it to the recycle bin and delete it.

3. Unplugged you Kobo and then reconnect to ADE and reauthorize. This should set you back up and running.

4. Don't forget to hide those files again. In Terminal enter the following -> zdefaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE -> hit enter and type -> killall Finder -> hit enter again.

Thanks for the info!
FelineFeral is offline   Reply With Quote